Pool Safety Inspection in Brisbane
Swimming in pools is a great Australian pastime, and it's safe to say that Queenslanders in particular love their pools as a means of cooling off during our hot summer. Unfortunately while the number of family homes with pools in Brisbane grew each year, so too did the number of drowning cases in children. In fact, statistics show that the leading cause of death in children aged between 1 and 4 is drowning.
This startling figure prompted some much needed changes to Queensland pool safety laws, resulting in stricter regulations for pool fences and pool owners, all designed to keep the pool a fun and safe place.
It's more important than ever to make sure your pool is complying with current Queensland pool safety regulations - book a Brisbane pool fence inspection with one of our qualified inspectors today. If your pool passes inspection you will receive a Pool Safety Certificate.
Pool Inspection Guide - How to Prepare
Your Brisbane pool safety inspector will be looking at the following things:
- Remove any climbable objects located within 900 millimetres of the pool fence barrier - this includes airconditioning generators, furniture and tree branches - these would need to trimmed back.
- Security screens will need to be installed on windows that open out to the pool area.
- The pool fence must measure 1200 millimetres from top to bottom.
- Make sure the distances between verticle fence posts as well as below the bottom railings are no greater than 100 millimetres.
- Ensure self closing and self latching gates are in good condition and working.
- Secure a current pool resuscitation sign in a visible location - we can supply one to you on the day of your pool inspection for just $20.00.
Brisbane Pool Safety Inspection Prices
- Pool Inspection Cost: $220.00 including GST
- Pool Safety Compliance Certificate: $31.00 including GST
- Re-Inspection (if any defects are found on the day): $110.00
and one of our staff will get back to you ASAP, or call 1300 337 447.