Pool Safety Inspections
DIY Pre Pool Safety Inspection Guide
At Queensland Building and Pest Reports we see a lot of pools that fail our inspection standards because of simple problems that you, the owner, could have addressed before we came out to perform your pool safety inspeciton. This can save you time and money associated with a follow up inspection because your pool failed the initial inspection. With this in mind we've compiled a checklist to help you prepare for our inspection by knowing what to look out for.
The 7 most common issues that result in a pool failing a safety inspection:
- Non compliant gate latches and/or hinges
- Distances between vertical member are greater than 100mm
- Distances below bottom railings are greater than 100mm
- Climbable objects abutting the pool enclosure (trees, air conditioning units)
- Fence height is below 1200mm
- Climbable fence rails on neighbouring fence line
- No current pool resuscitation sign secured in a visible location (we can supply one for $20.00)
We are here to help. If you have any queries about your pool compliance, you can email us at email@example.com - include pictures of any areas of concern and we will contact you to discuss further. Or if you simply have a question about pool safety give us a call on 1300 337 447.
We hope this helps you to assess your pool and its surrounds for compliance. Rectify and/or repair any issues you identify to ensure a Pool Safety Compliance Certificate can be issued upon Inspection.
- Pool Inspection Cost: $220.00 inc gst.
- Pool Safety Compliance Certificate: $40.00 inc gst (Government Certificate & Registration Fee)
Remember if an Inspector finds any defect on the day of Inspection you will need to pay for a re - inspection (from $110.00).
When you need a Pool Safety Inspection carried out, call us on 1300 337 447 or use the form above to book an appointment online and one of our friendly staff will look after you.